At PBR Abrasives we know that you care about your personal data and how it is used, and we want you to trust that we use your personal data carefully. This Privacy Notice will help you understand what personal data we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions by sending us an email to the address included below.
What personal data is collected
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual. At PBR Abrasives we only collect contact details directly from our customers and suppliers and employment data from our own employees.
We collect and process your personal data only for specific and limited purposes. For example, to process customer orders or, in the case of our staff, for general employment purposes.
Who will data be shared with
We will share data with their parties only in a limited number of cases, for legal or contractual purposes. We do not share supplier or customer data.
How do we protect your personal data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We take every effort to protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Our measures include implementing both appropriate physical and access controls. Access to your personal data is only permitted among our employees on a need-to-know basis and subject to strict confidentiality procedures.
How long do we keep your personal data
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, in the case of supplier and customer contacts we will keep data for 3 years after the last contact or communication.
What are your rights
Under GDPR you have a number of specific rights with respect to personal data, including:
- The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data and your rights. Therefore, we’re providing you with the information in this Notice.
- The right to access and rectification. You have the right to access, correct or update your personal data at any time.
- The right to data portability. The personal data you have provided us with is portable. This means it can be moved, copied or transmitted electronically under certain circumstances.
- The right to be forgotten. Under certain circumstances, you have right to request that we delete your data.
- The right to object or restrict processing. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e., receiving emails from us notifying you of potential opportunities).
- The right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority.
How do you contact us
If you have any questions or wish to contact us to request a copy of any personal data we hold relating to you, or would like us to rectify any errors or to remove your data from our systems, then please contact us
PBR Abrasives website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use our site. This analytical tool uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate how our visitors use the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for PBR.
PBR will not (and will not allow any third party) to use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the Google statistical analytics tool. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither PBR nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user.
Further information about cookies
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is an industry body that develops standard and guidelines to support online business processes. It has produced a series of web pages which explain how cookies work and how they can be managed.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser. The IAB site tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. This advice currently comprises the following steps (however please check the IAB site for the latest guidance):
If you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer
• Open ‘Windows Explorer’
• Click on the ‘Search’ button on the tool bar
• Type ‘cookie’ into the search box for ‘Folders and Files’
• Select ‘My computer’ in the ’Look In’ box
• Click ‘Search Now’
• Double click on the folders that are found
• ‘Select’ any cookie file
• use the ‘Delete’ button on your keyboard
If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select ‘cookies’ in the ‘Help’ function for information on where to find your cookie folder.
The Data Protection Officer,
PBR Abrasives (Wolverhampton) Ltd
8-10 Wolverhampton Street